Monday, April 19, 2010

Trial of the Magians frustration

Ugh...I've been trying to get the staves done first. Trying to get the trees done, but they're annoying. Still have about 40 left to go. That's just the first staff.

I found that the best place to go is Grauberg, south of the fortress. Weather happens frequently there, and trees are easy enough to handle. Can't stand the chigoes though.

I'm thinking about skipping the light avatar staff upgrade. The only light affliated avatar is Carbuncle, and I can get him free anytime anyway with just Apollo's staff. Maybe if Alexander wasn't just a two hour avatar, I could justify it.

Also, I'm levelling NIN finally. Yeah, I've been avoiding it, but I definately want NIN subjob for my DNC enfeebling build. Just need the 8 daggers, and NIN up to 37, and I'll be good.

I'm so not looking forward to doing daggers in addition to. And PUP upgrades going to be difficult.

Really want to hurt the guys who thought of this.

2 comments:

Starcade said...

The biggest problem is that I think they sold us a bill of goods thinking we could upgrade _anything_, given certain quests.

My biggest problem, say for the dagger start, is the necessity of camping NMs for hours on end. Thankfully got through that with some JPs, hence, willing to help rather than block.

Going to be very interesting to see how they're going to expand this in June.

Keyln said...

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the whole Trial of the Magians thing isn't complete. What we have here is just a starter program to get things started.

What I'm afraid of, though, is what will come after this. 500 bunnies in light weather to upgrade my AF further? Altana forbid!

Followers