Friday, May 14, 2010

Update time! Thoughts on jobs to 80

So, the update notice has gone up, and now it's a question of if or when, but which job will I take to 80 first. Thoughts below

Summoner: Summoner is my first love of job, and still my favorite, although PUP takes a close second. I'll probably take this job up to 80 first. My prediction for new stuff for Summoner up to 80. Between 75 and 80, there will be new bloodpacts. Specifically, new Ward Bloodpacts. I'm going to guess that Ifrit and Ramuh will get new Ward bloodpacts. How useful they are will remain to be seen. At 80, all avatars (with the exception of Carbuncle, Diabolos, and Fenrir) will get new Rage Bloodpacts. These will most likely be of the physical variety, and they could, potentially, be more powerful than the 70 Rage Bloodpacts. Also, with the raise in level will increase the our Summoning Skill. While this won't mean much for Bloodpacts, it will mean something for the Avatar favors, which will grow more powerful. For example, Diabolos Favor will be potentially as powerful as a lucky Summoner's Role (with the Summoner in the party), or even as powerful as the Gjallhorn Bard's double ballads!

Puppetmaster: I don't see much change between 75 and 80 to be honest. Maneuvers will still add in +6, and I suspect they won't rise to +7 until 90. But, the puppets will become more powerful with the skill levels. For example, Valoredge and Sharpshot will do more damage (remember, automaton skill does more than accuracy, but also affect attacks!). Spiritreaver will finally learn Thunder IV, but I doubt we'll see Tier V magic, even with 5/5 Magic Skill, until at least 81. Soulsoother probably will learn Regen III or Cure VI, or whatever Square Enix. As far as Stormwaker goes...I have no idea. At 75, it already knows Thunder III and Cure IV, but perhaps it will learn the Tier IV magic and Cure V.

Scholar: It's been said at Vanafest that new strategems probably won't be added, but I do think that Scholar will get one additional strategem charge at 80. Of course, this means that strategem charges will recharge faster (let's see...240 seconds divided by 5...42 seconds per charge!). One thing that worries me, though, is that the one thing that makes SCH so desirable in parties is the Accession/Manifestation strategems. While those who sub SCH will get less charges and still suffer from the same penalties, it will still ruin what is unique about SCH, and what's desirable. I hope this doesn't overshadow SCH too much as a job, and that SE will give SCH something unique that will still give people a reason to invite SCH.

Dancer: Hard to say with this one. SE has a tendency to give new dances to DNC every 5 levels, and I doubt the trend will change even now. Which new dances will be hard to say, but I hope it's something like an upgraded Divine Waltz, or even a Raise dance. Or maybe an Anti-Flourish, as SE had hinted in Vanafest, that will give DNC some TP without the need to fight.

As you can read, the speculation abounds, but only time will tell what will happen in the future. Oh, and I do plan on getting Abyssea when it comes out.

No comments:

Followers