Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thoughts on: Summoner update

So, this morning, we had a Dynamis-Buburimu run. Nothing exciting to note really, although I had a turn to target for the linkshell. Being a Puppetmaster at the time, it was sorta fun that the entire shell was an army of puppets, obedient to my command. "Dance, my puppets, dance!" Leader threatens a Tavnazia run soon, but I'm holding my breath.

Anyway, today I thought I'd share my thoughts on the future of Final Fantasy XI. Obviously, with the cap eventually going up to 99, the game is going to change rather radically. So, I thought I would start off with my first and favorite job of Summoner.

As stated on the Vanafest website : "Already set to receive two long-awaited new avatars, summoners can also expect to see more down the line after the level cap increase, as well as all-new blood pacts for existing avatars."

So, this means two things. First, and last, that all the existing avatars that we have will be getting new blood pacts. Can I say a duh to this one? I would be shocked if the developers threw in 24 levels without giving one single new blood pact.

Second, and more interesting, is the line "Summoners can also expect to see more [avatars] down the line after the level cap increase..." I'm going to call it now. Bahamut will be summonable. Now, I know, and I was there when they said it, that they didn't want Bahamut to be summonable. But, they also said that the level cap wouldn't ever go above 75 too. With the release of Alexander and Odin as 2 hour only avatars, I would not be surprised in the least to see Bahamut released also as a 2 hour only avatar, who can do mega damage against any monster in the same fashion.

But, if you're going to release new avatars, SE, would it be too much to ask for a light based avatar with the same strength as the other (stronger than Carbuncle)? Please SE? It would be nice to justify getting that light staff from the Trial of the Magians.

No comments:

Followers