Monday, March 23, 2009

Thoughts on the new armor...

The details about the new armor is out now, and my jaw dropped through the floor.  There's some very nice augments to be had there for sure.

As far as my SCH goes, the augments are largely trash.  I don't want to lose the +10 skill that the AF provides, and there are no real augments that enhance my light arts provide.  The only thing that might be worth something is the fast cast improvement, and the -5 enmity.  While helpful, sure, but there are other augments that will help my other jobs so much more.

As far as my SMN goes, the -4 BP timer isn't an improvement over my Evoker's Doublet +1, so that's out, and the -2 perpetuation cost isn't better than my -3 perpetuation cost for my Summoner's Doublet.  Maybe if the augment was -3 perpetuation cost, then it would be better than my Summoner's Doublet.  Where I see the real improvement for Summoner is the Pet: Accuracy +10 and the Pet: Magic Accuracy and Magic Attack +7.  This would make this piece a premier BP piece to throw in before the BP goes off.

As far as my PUP goes, the real potential is to go any which way.  I could go to the ultra power-up for my puppet which would mean Pet: Accuracy and Pet: Attack bonuses.  Or I could go with the magic attack and the double attack/crit bonus.  However, right now, I'm thinking something on the lines of the "Magic" Pantin Tobe.  The Pantin Tobe gives +10 ACC and Pet: +10 ACC.  What I'm thinking is getting the +10 ACC bonus for the master, and the Pet: Magic Accuracy and Magic Attack bonus, giving the piece the same thing as the Pantin Tobe, but with magic instead of physical.  And considering that I'm meritted in magic, it's very tempting.

As far as looks go, I love the look of the Nuevo Coselete.  It's a shame that I don't have a job that can wear it.  :(

I'm really looking forward to the update, and I'm wondering what's going to be next.  :x

No comments:

Followers