Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dynamis + Assault + MMM Oh my!

Today, I joined my group for a little bit of Dynamis-Beaucidine.  Considering that I've already got the armor for SMN, SCH, and PUP from there, there was nothing more for me to get except free money.  I went as SCH, and well, I did die a couple of times, but they had me playing healer.  Healer's fine and all, but I'm better playing support and enfeebling.  For some strange reason, my Xbox locked up twice near the end.  Even weirder was that a few of my linkshell mates also had the same thing happen at the same time. 

Anyway, I did get about 7 pieces of currency, so I made some nice gil.  I also got wootz ore, which sells very nicely.  A Jadeshell also dropped, but someone else won that one with a 995 lot.  All in all, not a bad run.

After Dynamis was done, our Nyzul group met, and we decided to do a few assaults.  We picked up someone who we worked with last week, and it turns out that he was not only Private Second Class (the lowest assault rank), but he didn't have all six gates!  He had 3 of them, two of which are generally easy to get to, but he also had Nyzul, of all places.  I'm frankly more shocked that there's a person in this day and age who's level 75, and STILL doesn't have all 6 locations.  Some, like Periqia I can understand, but he didn't have Mamool Ja Training Grounds, which is one of the more popular places to merit.

I was ready to go off to bed when I saw a JP shout for some marble farming.  I couldn't resist joining.  So, after some antics with the auto-translate, I got into the group.  Evidently, this group was a bit further ahead than I was, as my updated maze only netted 25 while the others got somewhere between 30 and 50 marbles a run.  I was impressed.  By the end of the night, though, I ended up with over 300 marbles (a mix of the last run I did with the current run), so I got that final rune to make my ultimate marble farming maze.  I also got the other two contracts, so I'm going to try the mega boss run...the one with the peon rune, and a few others.  It should be interesting...if I don't end up dead.  Reminds me, I need to get some XP on my PUP.  It's getting rather low...

No comments:

Followers